Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn? Then apply now!
You will be working for...
A company that provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation's health. Its ambition is to lead nationally, and enable locally, a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England, regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. PHE is an executive agency of the Department of Health. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advice and support government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
In this job you will be...
- The post holder will work with two support teams within the West Midlands Centre concerned with; safe and effective services, and the provision of effective business processes.
- Provide flexible Centre support in-line with emerging priorities/challenges and during periods of capacity pressure. This will include a reciprocal arrangement to contribute to office cover during absence of other administrative colleagues. In addition, the post holder will become familiar with the other duties of the Centre Teams in order to facilitate business continuity during times of crises or other pressures.
- Provide a professional front of house reception and hospitality service for the Centre, which may involve meeting and greeting visitors to the building
- To undertake general office duties as necessary, i.e. photocopying, faxing, post, reception duties. Arrange travel and hotel bookings in line with PHE policies and procedures.
- Assist with the dissemination and/or collation of information/returns for business management in a timely manner.
- Undertake the typing of correspondence, reports, documents, audio manuscript or draft responses as required.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary colleagues, NHS and other partner agencies, i.e. GPs, Local Authorities, Police, and Government Officers.
- To understand individual responsibility and contribution to health and safety and human resources procedures and adhere to agreed policies.
- Contribute to health and safety procedures and undertake tasks as necessary.
- Contribute to office systems and the overall efficiency of the quality and governance function and Centre, e.g. maintaining contact databases. post, filing, and archiving duties
- To develop and maintain efficient filing systems (paper format and electronic), including contributing to efficient maintenance of electronic data files on the shared drives.
- Adhere to office security systems
- If necessary, administer financial transactions including placing orders and receipting goods/ services on PHE FARM financial system.
- Contribute to the preparedness for and response to major incidents and emergencies (as defined in the PHE Concept of Operations) as required.
Who should apply...
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant role
- General administrative duties
- Experience in using Microsoft Office software e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of data entry work
- Good knowledge and application of literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge and understanding of good customer care
- Experience of delivering good quality telephone skills
- Basic understanding of Data Protection legislation
- Experience of reception duties
- Excellent communication skills and ability to record accurate messages
- Excellent keyboard skills, ability to input data accurately and good attention to detail
- Flexible approach to role, commitment and ability to learn new skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight and often changing deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and organize workload
- Administration of procurement supplies referring to policy and guidelines
- An ability to maintain confidentially and trust
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.