This is a brilliant position for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual to start their career with an exciting apprenticeship. Apply today to kick-start your career!
You will be working for...
A company that provides strategic leadership and vision for protecting and improving the nation's health. Its ambition is to lead nationally, and enable locally, a transformation in the health expectations of all people in England, regardless of where they live and the circumstance of their birth. It will achieve this through the application of research, knowledge and skills. PHE is an executive agency of the Department of Health. It is a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advice and support government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be doing...
- Act as a point of contact for telephone enquiries related to the functions of the team. Record the details of the enquiries & handle the queries in line with office procedures, either responding as appropriate or referring to another member of the team
- Handle incoming mail. Action all mail items in a timely manner and in accordance with local routines, which will include passing to other members of the team for action and distribution both internally and externally. Scan and upload items as required in line with office procedures
- Maintain databases as required, including updating from different sources, checking data, collating and supplying information as instructed
- Support the maintenance of office management systems, including (but not limited to) processes for incoming mail, filing, annual leave, study leave, sickness absence, staff availability, schedules of meetings, diaries, address/distribution lists, email and fax addresses and contact details
- Use the functions of MS Office including mail merge, spreadsheets, databases and Powerpoint
- Undertake minute and note taking for teleconferences, meetings and seminars as required and produce & distribute minutes in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to team members as required
- Demonstrate office systems and processes to other team members
- Undertake research and development as directed
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of 10 days of in-centre training in combination with work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling.
You will gain a City & Guilds Level 3 in Business & Administration. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £25k in a business role.
- An interest in public health
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft office including word, excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of note taking and minute taking
- Awareness and understanding of the principles of information governance and confidentially
- Awareness and understanding of personal health and safety
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including an excellent telephone manner and good written skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility and good organisational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage own work load according to business needs
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships, both in terms of day-to-day working practices, but also in relation to management systems
The successful candidate will ideally have 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their Business Admin apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business Admin apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business Admin career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.