This Swinton, Manchester based toy company has 40 years' experience designing products to inspire young minds entering a world of learning and fun.
They are looking for a suitable candidate who can take care of looking after the fulfillment of Key Account orders. Dealing with customers and suppliers in Asia, including the full administration from receipt of order to shipment. Importing experience preferred but not essential. Although buying administration experience is preferred they would consider a good administrator with experience in a different background for the role.
Starting salary from £18,000 negotiable, depending on the experience.
- Working in a purchasing department dealing with the Far East on a day to day basis
- Reacting to changes in demand / logistics
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure on time deliveries including design studio and supply chain.
- Ensuring customer specifications and on time deliveries are met.
- Handling administration of procurement documentation and reports.
- Producing product specification sheets
- Creating product codes
- Raising purchase orders
- Emailing PO's to suppliers
- Checking of Sales Confirmation invoices against PO's raised
- Production of artwork briefs
- Photographing samples
- Sending of samples to customers and suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A detailed approach to work
- Sound negotiation, organising, interpersonal, communication skills
- Promptly identify any/all deviations from merchandising standards and react accordingly
- Collaborative nature/ team player, but at the same time is a decision maker who can operate independently (within the parameters of the business)
- High degree of problem-solving and decision making ability
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Numeracy or ability to work with figures
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Negotiation skills
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.