ARK Group, of Wilmington PLC, are looking fro an Editorial Assistant to help with the editorial processes for their Trade and Forfaiting Review (TFR) portfolio.
Trade & Forfaiting Review is a leading trade and supply chain finance information resource providing essential updates to professionals all around the globe.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the smooth running of all editorial processes by assisting the editor and the editor-in-chief with the daily management of the Trade and Forfaiting Review (TFR) portfolio. You will be expected to have an excellent eye for detail and act as a dependable member of the team in your proofreading duties. You may be called on to subedit content from time to time and as you develop in the role, will be expected to edit articles on your own. The role comes with a range of administrative tasks such as uploading content onto the magazine's website and logging/chasing invoices with the accounts department - your responsibilities will not be limited to editorial tasks.
- Proofreading articles and ensuring all content conforms to the TFR house style
- Subediting copy, headlines and standfirsts where necessary, with the expectation of being able to edit articles independently in due course
- Quote and fact checking all content
- Limited writing duties
- Transcribing audio recordings
- Acting as a point of contact for TFR
- Uploading articles onto the magazine's website (this may include picture research and image resizing)
- Logging and chasing commissioned articles and invoices
- Constructing an annual events calendar and keeping it up to date
- Managing the diaries of the editor and the editor-in-chief where necessary
- Constructing and updating a database of contacts and contributors
- Ensuring all contributors to every issue of the magazine receive a hard copy by maintaining a mailing list
Skills and Experience Required:
Required skills - essential
- Experience in content generation - e.g. publishing and communications
- Excellent proofreading ability
- Strong grammatical, spelling and writing skills
- Ability to work closely within a small editorial team and with the wider magazine and event production departments
- Excellent organisational skills - the editorial team will look to you to maintain many of the magazine's daily processes
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
Required skills - desirable:
- Experience in magazine production
- Experience with Adobe InCopy
- Fast typist (+50 words per minute)
- Ability to manage other people's diaries (role may suit former PA)
- Good networking skills - you may be required to attend industry events
This role would suit:
Someone who loves books, is very fussy about grammar and spelling, and pays close attention to detail. The editor and editor-in-chief will look to you to act as filter for any mistakes in the magazine (page furniture, correlation between contents and page numbers etc.) so you must have a knack for spotting errors. The team will want to use you as a sounding board for headlines and story ideas, so you must be engaged and willing to share your own ideas. Administrative duties form a large part of the role, so you must be prepared to shoulder many of the tasks that ensure the smooth running of the magazine.
This job description should be regarded only as a guideline of the duties required and is not definitive. The nature of the post and the organisation is such that these may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances. The job holder is required to act at all times in accordance with Wilmington's agreed policies and procedures.
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.