Job Title: Property Services Assistant
Location: London, WC2N
Salary: up to £25,000
Hours: Shift system either 8.00 am to 4.30 pm or 9.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday with 1 hour for lunch. For 25 days per annum the post holder will be expected to provide holiday cover from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. May be required to work overtime outside these hours and at weekends.
The main purpose of this role is to deal with all incoming, internal and outgoing post and to provide the physical support to deal with Helpdesk requests, the general housekeeping of the offices and to assist both Service Providers and Suppliers operatives on site. The role is shared between two Property Services Assistants working a shift system and may include some overtime on evenings and weekends to provide access for out of hours working by contractors.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The following key accountability areas are a given requirement. The list is not exhaustive and should not act to constrain the job holder from working within a wider brief if necessary in order to achieve the requirements of the job role.
- Receive and sign for, where required, all incoming post, sort and distribute to the relevant departments/ personnel within the London offices in a timely and professional manner.
- Collect, sort and distribute all internal mail.
- Ensure all outgoing post (Standard, International, Recorded and Registered) is franked and logged, where appropriate, ready for the end of day collection by the Royal Mail.
- Deal with all Property Services Helpdesk requests passed on by the Property Services Administrator. Requests are likely to include;
- delivering and collecting boxes and other items around the London buildings
- changing meeting room layouts and small furniture moves
- initial inspection of faults to confirm or establish the extent of the problem and to either deal with or escalate the request
- conducting DSE and other risk assessments as directed
- any other appropriate requests
- Managing keys, ensuring they are kept securely, the key register is up to date and all keys issued are logged in and out correctly.
- Carry out daily building inspections completing Inspection Reports, logging faults on the Helpdesk and completing the tasks allocated to the Property Services Assistants.
- Record meter readings and other information as instructed to contribute towards Environmental and Sustainability data.
- Maintain a professional and customer focussed approach at all times within this role.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Whilst not essential as full training will be provided, previous post room or facilities experience will be advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Handyman skills would be an advantage.
- Willingness to study for relevant qualification.
- Training, education & qualification
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics and English.
- Manual handling (training can be provided).
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
Good knowledge of working within a customer facing environment is a requirement for this position along with attention to detail and a desire to achieve high standards in the work environment. Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
- A helpful and willing approach to both internal and external customers.
- Strong customer focused approach to their work with a desire to meet the needs of customers and provide prompt service while maintaining quality and accuracy in the service delivery.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good active listening skills.
- Good organisational skills and able to work to deadlines.
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude and also as part of a team.
- Observant and skilful with a "can do" attitude in order to notice and deal with faults or service failures.
- Physically fit and able to carry/transport items as required.
Performance Management, to include, but not be limited to:
- Post dealt with by agreed timescales.
- Ensuring services provided are in accordance with agreed SLAs and KPIs; agreed departmental timeframes; and in line with policies and procedures.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. The company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Applications will be considered within 3 weeks of receiving your application. If you have been successful in obtaining an interview the company will contact you during this time. If you do not hear from them by the end of the 3 week period you should assume you have not been successful on this occasion and will not be invited to interview.
Candidates with experience of; Postal Services, Postal Officers, Business Support Assistant, Events Coordinator, Receptionist, Post Room Worker, Front Desk Assistant, Administrator, Business Assistant, Business Services Executive, Front of House, Lead Receptionist, Executive Assistant may be considered for this role.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.