ZSL is looking for a part-time Receptionist to be the first point of contact for, and to ensure the smooth entry of visitors to the ZSL main office based at Regents Park in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
Position: Receptionist and Supporter Services Advisor
Contract: Part-Time / Permanent Contract
Salary: £15,848 pro-rata (FTE = £23,772)
Location: ZSL London Zoo - NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL's mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
You will be part of the wider Supporter Services department providing administrative support to the team and dealing with visitor and supporter enquiries. The successful candidate must be professional and approachable, and look presentable at all times as the job holder is representing ZSL at all levels and will frequently be in contact with general visitors, supporters, Fellows and members of the ZSL Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Greet all visitors to the ZSL Main Office, record their visit in the Visitor's Book, issue visitor ID passes, and contact the host to inform them of their arrival, following procedures as defined by the Security Manager and Head of Facilities Management
* Respond to main office alarms and take on the role of fire warden for the reception area of the building
* Monitor the condition of the main office meeting rooms and foyer (including display cabinets), ensuring that any cleaning and maintenance issues are raised and reported to the Facilities department
Supporter Services Advisor:
* Respond to all customer contact covering both ZSL London and Whipsnade via email, social media etc. in line with performance standards set. Communicate effectively with all customers and provide a high level of service across a broad range of customers which will include visitors, members, schools etc.
* Understand, promote and sell a broad range of ZSL products and services including membership, fellowship and patrons, experiences, donations and regular gifts, adoptions, education bookings, ticket sales, events, admissions, and online ticket queries
* Work to the agreed Key Performance Indicators (including sales/conversion targets) and Service Level Agreements as set by the Supporter Services Manager and Head of Supporter Services & Membership
Ideally the job holder will:
* Have exceptional customer service skills.
* Be able to communicate clearly and effectively by email, in person and by telephone.
* Have an understanding of the security considerations when working on a reception.
* Have a good working knowledge of SRO4 or similar customer relationship management system within a charity or commercial environment.
* Proficient with Microsoft packages - Excel, Word and Office with the ability to data input fast and accurately.
Please note: This is a part-time permanent contract. The shifts worked will be 1.00pm to 6.00pm; Monday to Friday with the opportunity to work 8:00am to 1.00pm.There may also be the option to work overtime depending on business needs.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 22nd January 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to download the information pack and application form.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment. We apply policies that are determined solely by job criteria and personal ability.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.