SALES AND PURCHASING CO-ORDINATOR: BASIC £22000 - £24000 + DISCRETIONARY BONUS (UP TO 30% OF SALARY) - BASED NOTTINGHAM
This fast-growing, profitable and progressive company is one of the world's leading suppliers of laboratory equipment for use in the pharmaceutical industry. They are in an enviable position of having a niche market position. Success is based on high quality, flexibility, responsiveness, technological innovation and excellent staff.
To continue this success, the Company now wishes to add the position of Sales & Purchasing Co-ordinator to their small, but highly effective team. The role offers a salary of circa £22k - £24k plus a substantial discretionary bonus of up to 30% of salary (which has been paid for the last 10 years) together with good career progression in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
MAIN DUTIES - SALES AND PURCHASING CO-ORDINATOR
The Sales and Purchasing Co-ordinator will be responsible for all of the activities from receipt of an enquiry to the fulfillment of the order, keeping the customer happy and informed at all stages of the process. This involves:
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Preparation of quotations
- Cradle to grave' sales order processing
- Generating order acknowledgements and progressing priority orders
- Providing technical guidance and equipment literature when requested
- Preparing shipping and import/export documents and obtaining freight quotes from carriers
- Raising invoices in multiple currencies
- Purchasing parts & services
- Maintaining stock figures and data using Sage Line 50
- Other administration and filing
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE - SALES AND PURCHASING CO-ORDINATOR
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Considerable Sales Administration experience in a similar role is essential
- Educated to A-Level standard (or equivalent) and degree preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing/assembly environment and shipping of goods
- Good all round knowledge of import/ export procedures
- Strong IT skills with experience of Sage Line 50
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Able to work as part of a small team in a demanding and work intensive environment
- Versatile and flexible
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Positive, can do attitude and capable of learning new skills
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.