Kick-start your career with this brilliant Traineeship opportunity. Apply now!
You will be working for...
The nation's heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research.
Coronary heart disease is the UK's single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it. Our pioneering research has helped to transform the lives of people living with heart and circulatory conditions.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Opportunity full Description
'A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.'
While on the work experience you will be able to practice your skills learnt in class and as well as learning new skills with the support of the mentor.
Daily duties can include:
- Accounts payable have a need for a volunteer to do some data base cleansing - this will involve using BHF'S systems ( SUN accounts and excel)
- Calling suppliers to get email addresses. Someone who is confident /familiar with this area or prepared to learn.
- This will involve finding the invoice and updating VAT numbers and email remittances in the main.
- The candidate can also look at suspending accounts that we have not used 18 months
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job with little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 3 (A level) or aged 19 to 24 and not yet achieved a Level 2 (5 GCSE's at grade C including maths and English)?
This Traineeship is a fantastic opportunity to gain exciting work experience within an Accounting admin position supporting the company with general admin duties and ad hoc tasks in the accounting department at a respected organisation while also working towards IT qualifications and improving your employability, maths and English skills.
Training to be provided:
The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement. You will also have the opportunity to work towards a Level 2 IT qualification.
Minimum of 6 weeks
Working hours of programme:
Monday to Thursday 9.30am-4.30pm
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Excel)
- Previous Customer Service Experience desirable
- Team Work
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- A can do attitude
No formal qualifications required but an interest to learn new skills.
Progression to a Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship with full employment prospects at the end for the right candidate.
Important other information:
This Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business Traineeship with QA and begin your Business Traineeship career with great prospects today.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.