Make your qualifications into a lifelong career. Apply now to gain great progression roots and career opportunities!
You will be working for...
Lifetime Learning a Charitable Organisation providing free courses within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (LBTH). Lifetime Learning started in 2012. Since the birth of Lifetime Learning, the organisation has grown providing more and more courses.
Lifetime Learning's main source of funding is achieved through RAISEonline and Fischer Family Trust (FFT) Training and Consultancy. RAISEonline and FFT Training and Consultancy is provided for all schools and local authorities, analysing school's performance and progress data. The mission is to provide quality and multifaceted courses in education and training for Early Years, Primary, Secondary, Special, Church and Independent Schools.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Opportunity full Description
'A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.'
Daily duties can include:
- Providing office support including customer and employee support
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person
- Answering phones and connecting calls to the proper department
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with materials suppliers and vendors
- Updating database
- Photocopying scanning and filing
- Dealing with inbound face to face enquiries
- Data entry
- Meeting booking
- Minute taking during meetings
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job with little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 3 (A level) or aged 19 to 24 and not yet achieved a Level 2 (5 GCSE's at grade C including maths and English)?
Training to be provided:
The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement. You will also have the opportunity to work towards a Level 2 qualification.
Minimum of 6 weeks
Working hours of programme:
Monday to Thursday 9.30am-4.30pm
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Excel)
- Previous Customer Service Experience desirable
- Team Work
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- A can do attitude
No formal qualifications required but an interest to learn new skills.
Progression to a Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship with full employment prospects at the end for the right candidate.
Important other information:
This Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business Traineeship with QA and begin your Business Traineeship career with great prospects today.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.